View Single Post
Old 30-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Slawomir (Suavi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimus View Post
Hi Greg,
Congrats on your new scope - CFF was the other brand I was considering when I bought the APM 152/1200 F7.9 LZOS which also has a certificated massive Strehl (I am sure it's the same, from memory). CFF scopes look great.

Just one question: With a CCD like the FLI 16803, how can your scope produce an image circle sufficient to cover the big square sensor? (Or do I have my facts wrong here? ) I bought a massive, dedicated WO Reducer /Flattener for my WO Gt 102, (though why did I buy a reducer when it's f6.9 anyway?)and have been informed that I can't use full frame sensor cameras with it as I will get vignetting (caused by the reducer rather than the flattener optics). Is this likely? No wonder I am still undecided about a OSC camera (goodbye QHY367C?)Maybe an APSC sensor only.

Wishing you many happy hours and clear skies with your new high quality scope!

Cheers,
Richard
I have the same scope (but not such large CCD), and the corrector’s lens has 80mm diameter, so vignetting should be correctable with flats I think. WO 68III flattener has 50mm lens. Greg will let us know anyway when he gets a chance to put his new baby through it’s paces.

Last edited by Slawomir; 30-08-2019 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Typing error