View Single Post
Old 30-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Nico13 (Ken)
Galaxy Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriverone View Post
Hmmm,

Looking at the specs Ken, it seems its only wireless supported when it is plugged into a wireless LAN router via the RJ45 network port on it.

I dont think it is equipped with its own wireless LAN client allowing it to connect to an existing WLAN and therefore appear on the network without having the blue cable on it plugged into a router or switch on the network.

The diagrams suggest this with the dreaded * asterisk.....

Still, if you have a cable to the OBS and want to get to the scope wirelessly, then it still works!

OR, plug it into a wireless extender like I do with my Foxtel box, which uses an RJ45 and I have no cable at the TV, so I put the extender next to it and plugged the IQ into the RJ45 switch on the extender.

Would be nice if it was WLAN equipped though, that would be perfect!

Cheers

Chris

Yes, sorry Chris didn't mean to misslead you there but yes I did know it needed a wireless link fitted to it and I thought if I wanted to go that way I'd just add something like one of THESE for less that $25 bucks it has multiple options to power it, USB, plug pack, or if you have a five volt rail at the mount which I do have then it's an easy add on.
Speaking of add ons as it's a lan hub you can piggy back extra powered or unpowered USB hubs if you needed more ports.

Cheers