View Single Post
Old 25-04-2019, 09:26 AM
bluesilver (Peter)

Hi, I appreciate all the advice and answers, exactly what i am looking for.
I don't really have any clubs around here close by, best one is at the other end of the state, about 3/12 hours drive unfortunately.

I do have good clear unpolluted skies here, nearest street lights / town lights are a good few kilometres away and i live on a 200 acre farm property.

So from the sounds of things so far, as a few have advised me, my eye pieces i am trying to use for DSO's are not right, i need wider ones, around the 25 mm.
That helps explain a lot to start with.

The only issue with planets that are letting me down and this could just be my setup / collimation, i am using the laser collimation tool for this.
Adjust the secondary mirror until red dot is in centre of primary, then adjust primary until red dot disperses in middle of collamination tool, back to secondary and make sure it is in centre of primary.

When i view Jupiter, i can't quiet get a good clear image, slightly fuzzy, but can see the moons around it as stars.
With Saturn, it is a little fuzzy and although i can see the rings, i can't really see the individual rings.

I hope that explains things a little better and really do appreciate all the advice, especially if i am heading of in the wrong direction completely like it sounds like i could possibly be.

So was mainly hoping to get a better crisper cleaner and if possible, slightly larger image of planets.

Always appreciate any advice.
Thanks.
Peter.