View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 10:44 PM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

I skipped your original post, was long and English is not my language, so again, what are you looking for to do, imaging or visual? if visual then "APERTURE", 10" in this case, i have ST80 and 8" Newtonian that i never used yet and 180mm Mak [2700], visual with the Mak is nice, but if i think about imaging then it is another story, i am planning to buy something like 14"-18" Dob for planetary imaging, i can't afford 14" SCT and new mount for it, so i will choose a Dob, if my plan is DSO imaging then an EQ mount is a must, i have that already, but i need to get another scope than ST80 and leave my 8" Newtonian for something else of DSO.

Decide what do you want to do, there is no one item or setup do it all, but from what i read and see a lot of images since last year i found out that the best scope for overall is the reflector one, mainly a Newtonian, SCT is good for both but it must use kind of reducer first to make it nice for DSO, while the Newtonian is already ready for DSO and just need a corrector, and buying a focal extender and it is a planetary scope, much cheaper than SCT, so i will depend on Newtonian more.