View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 08:15 PM
Zuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
Ok, i will practice more with my Mak and hope to buy 2x Powermate to push it more, i feel the native Mak i have isn't much for larger scales, and i keep failing to upscaling or upsampling the smaller ROI, so that i wanted another scope so i don't need to over sample it because i will have large ROI anyway, the only way with my Mak is either trying 2x Powermate if this is good enough even at f30 or find a high quality 1.5x Barlow that can magnify the Mak FL and still not f30 or more.

I did shoot 1 minute and 2 and 3 minutes, and i also think it is enough, but in Facebook there are some members keep trying to tell me i have to shoot minimum 5 minutes or more than 3 minutes even for single video, and they keep showing results with longer videos, and funny they also using something like 10-35% of the frames, and their reasons is that with longer videos and frames over 10k or 20k then it will be easy to pick 10-30% out of it rather than 1-2 minutes videos with maybe maximum 3k-5k, so now i have to make my mind about which side i should follow or who is true?

I like to have higher fps, but this is coming with the cost/price of exposure, if i use lower gain and faster exposure speed then it is very dim or not proper exposed, and then the lower the speed i set the lower fps it will be, in opposite if i keep it high speed then i have to increase the GAIN, and thus definitely increase the noise, and some told me that with stacking so many frames it will kill noise or have enough SNR, but isn't there a limit to what maximum gain i should use anyway?
Who knows what people say on facebook! Just go and shoot with what you have. A ZWO camera and 2 to 3 minute videos barlowed with your mak and good seeing should let you make your own decisions without spending any more money. So my advice is go and use what you have and see how you go

Remember equipment is one thing, good seeing is a bonus but good focus, camera settings and collimation is under your control and if you can master these things then you will be better placed to decide what you want next.

Cheers
Paul