View Single Post
Old 15-04-2010, 08:06 PM
dugnsuz (Doug)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassnut View Post
Yeah, live view on a 12", with zoom, is a focusing dream, even beats an AstroCCD for speed, albiet manual.

That box is cool (pun?), but all up with a DSLR gets too close to a CCD price wise. And the 25 deg delta aint that flash. But then again, you get much bigger res and FOV than a CCD for less all up money.

Then you get serious and blow WF away and do NF/hi QE with a smaller CCD for the same money .
Agreed - does 25 degrees delta mean that there's a possibility of a temp gradient throughout the box of anywhere between 25 to -25 degs?

I've been checking out the new SBIG 8300 CCD in both mono and colour formats for my widefield stuff. It looks to be both expensive and frustrating!! The mono option which I would love in a perfect world is very costly - add filter wheel and colour/NB filters!!! OSC doesn't appeal (but much cheaper) so much as even with my modded 40D I can do NB imaging of sorts with my clip in Ha and OIII filters. A cooled DSLR is looking more appealing even though I know that a CCD would be the eventual/ preferable goal!
Confusion Reigns (for a change!!!)

PS...How quickly and accurately can you focus with CCD software?