View Single Post
Old 16-12-2014, 12:49 AM
batema (Mark)

Help please. Guiding AP1100.

Hello,

I am sitting under the stars imaging M42 and am still very much learning or even getting going using my AP1100 with W/O 110Flt and SBIG 8300m with self guiding filter wheel and using Maxim Dl v6. How's that for a learning curve!!!!!!

I am posting an image of my screen in Maxim Dl to see if people could tell me what information this is portraying. I am concerned with the X error shown in the graph and do not know why it is raised???? I have done what I believe to be a pretty good polar alignment using PHD 2.

I have also attached a out of the camera 30 minutes hydrogen alpha shot with the guiding done through the SBIG self guiding filter wheel in maxim to give an indication of my guiding and polar alignment. The guiding is set to 4 seconds exposures.

Finally when I use the guiding function in maxim I go expose and then calibrate and as it moves the star a red line goes up then back and right and left but as the star comes left it does not return along the red line as shown in the third image attached.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I have used an EQ6 Pro for several years but this new system is really foreign to me.

I must admit I am stunned by both mount and camera at their simplicity as I thought they would be daunting but I can get up and running in more or less the same time as I use to on the EQ6. Very simple but magnificently engineered.

Thank you,

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Screen shot 2 reduced.jpg)
188.8 KB55 views
Click for full-size image (M 42 30 min Ha-001Ha reduced.jpg)
191.0 KB43 views
Click for full-size image (Screen shot guiding reduced.jpg)
170.3 KB55 views

Last edited by batema; 16-12-2014 at 01:03 AM.