View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 01:34 PM
danielsun
Canon collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
Pop-up flash makes all photographs look horrible, anyway.

At least with a Speedlight/strobe you can bounce off the wall behind you to create flattering portraits.

H
Yeah, from what I have also read a speedlight is the way to go.
But wondering how much to invest. Been looking at what seems to be an average model, the 430 EX II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight View Post
You're welcome Daniel!

I do miss the joystick but it is functionally built into the dial. Have a closer look at the 6D's dial and you'll see that the inner ring of the dial operates like the joystick on the 7D.

I find the pop up flash of very little use for my needs and the higher ISO performance tends to compensate in some instances. Get a Speedlight and it opens up whole new area of photography.

The speed of the 7D will be hard to match. Given its build quality and speed, it seems to me to be targetted towards sports or wildlife photography where you're outside and you may need that high frame rate for a sudden change in the subject.

Darrin...
Thanks Darrin, yes I see the new joystick set up which looks pretty a similar set up and overall the 6D is looking good but another thing to consider looks like I would have buy all new glass. My current lenses wont fit and after doing a quick search it seems (I could be wrong) the range of lenses available for full frame cameras is limited.

Cheers Daniel.