View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 03:05 AM
midnight (Darrin)
Always on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsun View Post
Thanks for the comparison Darrin. I have a 7D and have just been reading up on whether to make the jump to full frame with the 6D.
The 6D is a clear winner in the lower noise department and higher ISO but i see the it does not have the little joystick on the back like the 7D or pop up flash and a slower shutter speed f/p/sec.
Both cameras have their good and bad points but I suppose i will have to weigh it up.

Cheers Daniel.
You're welcome Daniel!

I do miss the joystick but it is functionally built into the dial. Have a closer look at the 6D's dial and you'll see that the inner ring of the dial operates like the joystick on the 7D.

I find the pop up flash of very little use for my needs and the higher ISO performance tends to compensate in some instances. Get a Speedlight and it opens up whole new area of photography.

The speed of the 7D will be hard to match. Given its build quality and speed, it seems to me to be targetted towards sports or wildlife photography where you're outside and you may need that high frame rate for a sudden change in the subject.

Darrin...