View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 09:08 AM
midnight (Darrin)
Always on the road

Canon 6D - Work and Play

After returning from Japan a few weeks ago and having spent a lot of time there this year, I had the opportunity to return back to Japan for a final inspection of our turbine.

Luckily the 6D was let loose on the market yesterday and with some "technical" justification, I ended up getting one for work and private use.

This thing is much lighter than our 7D and although I have not put it to use yet as I am now returning home, it looks and feel smart.

I use my 7D extensively for work for hi detail photos of our engineering projects but it is showing significant signs of wear having been on high demand this year. I do have my doubts about the 6D in this department but for now the 7D will still be my work horse.

I hope to get some photo comparisons this afternoon for those of you here more suited to finer judgements than myself.

According to my Mastercard, it cost AU$1925 including the 2.9% MC international fee.

The Japanese model has an english language option (our work 7D was also bought in Tokyo).

They have sold out already in 2 stores so I was lucky. Time to put the L series glasses to work and stick this piggy back on my G11 soon and return to some 200mm and 50mm work which I enjoy the most in the piggyback astro domain

Firmware already 1.0.9 interestingly!

Darrin...