View Single Post
Old 23-09-2019, 04:26 AM
glend (Glen)

Welcome to the Club Leon, I had my heart attack in July last year, with three severely blocked arteries, one at 98%, two at over 70%, and a fourth at 50%. Luckily for me the bad ones could be fixed up with stents, and after two trips through the Cath Lab my life threatening situation was fixed, but i am still walking around with the 50% one that must be managed. But that is really just the beginning of your journey. Make Sure you go to Cardiac Rehab, it is important on easing your way back into activity and gives you important information about managing your disease. It is a chance to talk to other people going through exactly what you are. Many people don't go to rehab and wind up having another heart attack. Don't overlook the psychological changes taking place, you will be a different person after this near death experience, you will get emotional about stuff that never bothered you before, you will suffer from anxiety, all pretty normal in this situation. You will be on a medication regime for the rest of your life, stick to it religiously. Some people have side effects to the medication but work through those with your cardiologist.
Getting fit again will take time. Stick to your rehab exercise program and gradually expand on it. Best of luck, and if you need to chat to someone that has been through it, I have sent you my phone number.

Last edited by glend; 23-09-2019 at 04:38 AM.