Thread: eq8 is here
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2013, 07:51 AM
rob288 (Robert)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrid View Post
I've modified my pier in anticipation of my EQ8 turning up on Monday.

I have modified a top adjustment plate that was previously made to suit/fit an EQ6 - it has a central well and a bolt hole in the bottom - I enlarged that a little and bought a straight M12x75mm bolt that will do the job. If you're making your own from flat plate without any well in the centre, a M12x50mm would do the job.

I also drilled a couple of holes in the wings where the azimuth securing bolts will go (80mm out from the centre) and another hole 54mm behind the centre where I had installed an azimuth adjustment pillar made out of an old galvanised bolt. It's secured by a bolt above and one below the plate. The one on top I have ground down so it is pretty thin and also ground the sides so it is much smaller in overall diameter. That way it should not foul the mount when it goes on top.

Should do the trick.

I'll post some pics tomorrow. I'm imaging at the moment and can't use a flash in the obs for the rest of tonight.

Peter
Peter,

Many thanks for the reply, I guess I was assuming the center bolt would be an issue, but maybe not, our EQ8 order is still ten days away here in NZ.

Robert