View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 02:58 PM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

They released a firmware fix on the weekend and it worked and fixed a ton of stuff and now the camera can actually be used, not very practically, but it works. They redid the menus completely, but no way to format memory card and I'm yet to have my cards show up in camera so its still storing to built in memory. timelapse capture is there and works. getting focus with the wide angle lens (all i've had time to try) is pretty much impossible. Feedback from the camera is really non-existant, I can't tell when it takes the shot, if its still taking a shot or whatever. No exposure controls either so my evening tests on the weekend were way over exposed as it tried to make the sky bright and no indication it was going to take a long exposure . Yeah with no camera feedback it sits silently and you don't know if you can touch the camera or if that will ruin the shot. GPS orientation looks fixed but its object database is poor, Canopus doesnt exist in it it seems with any designation, I was looking at canopus on the screen but it had nothing identified anywhere nearby at all. But Carina was labelled off to the right so it should have something for the second brightest star.

Anyway at least the camera isnt dead and looks like it could take usable photos if they stop doing a half assed job on getting it to do what they promised. Dont bother ordering one if you were considering it until they sort their stuff out. Havent yet tried if their raw format loads into anything but it takes raw + jpg at least.