View Single Post
Old 16-08-2019, 07:16 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdan View Post
There is the story of the Lost City of Atlantis, but I think that's fictional and not based on fact.
Yes ...the story was told by Plato who apparently was told by one of his ancestors and I think he had it that the story was handed down over many generations and originally came from an Eygptian priest.

There are folk who think of Atlantis as an island that went under the sea..regarding it from myth to fact … but there are others who use the term Atlantians to loosely describe what they believe was a world wide somewhat advanced civilization that was wiped out by the supposed comet impact of approx. 12000 years ago.

There is a great deal of material on the net and I find it most interesting and certainly has me wondering if there could have been a civilization that is now hidden mostly by 400 feet of water and 10,000 odd years of fading away.

Most of this stuff was considered rat bag but there was a paper in Nature of all places that perhaps took the matter to another level.

I will try and find a reasonable vid from youtube and post it..the one I am thinking of is not too bad ..although as with most of these things folk get a little too heavily invested and can make little leaps where they really should not.

Even if the comet crator they have found fits the time line these folk follow more evidence is needed to establish the ancient civilization aspect.

One common feature of those views is that both the Sphinx and the Pyramids were not built by the Eygptians and that they merely took them over at some stage. And on this aspect it is interesting that the Eygiptians made no recording of them building the Pyramids...and also that notwithstanding common belief that they were tombs it seems no bobies have been found in any pyramid...the tombs are from the valley of the Kings ..

The proposition has been put forward that the Sphinx is some 12000 years old and that is because the water erosion at the sides of the enclosure could only have occurred when the climate was such that the rain would provided the water necessary to effect the erosion observed.

I find it all very interesting now that I have looked at many videos and sifted through what is hard evidence and what is supposition.

I do think the fact most cultures have a big flood story is interesting and if there was a flood it may be the sea level rise apparently recorded in the ice cores.

alex

Younger Dryas impact hypothesis
The Younger Dryas impact hypothesis or Clovis comet hypothesis posits that fragments of a large (more than 4 kilometers in diameter), disintegrating asteroid or comet struck North America, South America, Europe, and western Asia about 12,800 years ago. Multiple airbursts/impacts produced the Younger Dryas (YD) boundary layer (YDB), depositing peak concentrations of platinum, high-temperature spherules, meltglass, and nanodiamonds, forming an isochronous datum at more than 50 sites across about 50 million km² of Earth’s surface. Some scientists have proposed that this event triggered extensive biomass burning, a brief impact winter, the Younger Dryas abrupt climate change, contributed to extinctions of late Pleistocene megafauna, and resulted in the end of the Clovis culture.
Younger Dryas impact hypothesis - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younge...act_hypothesis
Data from: Wikipedia

from NASA

The Hiawatha impact crater was first suspected to exist in the summer of 2015, from examination of a compilation of Greenland's sub-ice topography radar measurements made by NASA over two decades. The visualizations of the subsurface shown below are derived from a spring 2016 airborne survey by Germany's Alfred Wegener Institute, using a new ultrawideband radar sounder developed by the Center for Remote Sensing of Ice Sheets at The University of Kansas. Subsequent helicopter visits to the deglaciated terrain in front of Hiawatha Glacier by scientists from the Natural History Museum in Denmark recovered sediment samples from the main river that discharges water from beneath Hiawatha Glacier, through the northwestern rim breach. Laboratory examination revealed that these sediment samples contained shocked quartz and elevated platinum-group-element concentrations, both signs that the sediment records evidence of the impact of an iron asteroid more than one kilometer wide. The Hiawatha impact crater is potentially one of the youngest large impact craters on Earth.

alex

Last edited by RB; 10-10-2019 at 01:48 PM.