View Single Post
Old 15-04-2016, 10:35 PM
ausastronomer (John Bambury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab1963 View Post
Just tried out the XW 10 in my SV80 ,astounding is the only word for it,snaps into focus beautifully,razor sharp ,contrast perfect for me and doesn't behave any differently with the 2.5x powermate ,very happy
I have used just about all of the best astronomical eyepieces made, or available, over the last 50 years, in many different types, F-Ratio and aperture telescopes. That includes eyepieces like the 30mm Leitz, 12.5mm Docter, Zeiss Abbe's (series I & II), Nikon NAV HW, Nikon orthoscopics, TMB Supermonos, Astrophysics SPL, Pentax XL, XO, XP and XW, Vixen LVW, Takahashi LE, 14mm & 21mm Denkmeiers, everything Meade and Celestron have sold and everything Televue has ever produced, excepting the recently released Delite series. I have also used the coma correcting Pretoria eyepieces, made years ago by University Optics.

I rate the 3.5mm, 5mm, 7mm and 10mm Pentax XW's as 4 of the absolute very best general use astronomical eyepices made in the last 50 years, at any price. I am sure those people who have purchased any of these 4 eyepieces will be very very happy with them. The discounted price is just cream on the cake.

Cheers
John B