View Single Post
Old 27-06-2019, 07:54 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Jeremy
The problem you will run into when adding a doorway is stability which in your case is easily overcome by adding a frame both top and bottom...also perhaps consider lining and insulation. I used a thin ply but gyprock is rather cheap.
As to insulation I used a material that is this silver stuff on a thin foam "rubber" material...only because it was in the stock pile of already aquired materials.
However given your comments about your weather I expect you may find benefit from such an addition.
I will add some small computer fans run direct by small solar panels..mainly to help manage heat build up in summer however air circulation in most climates presumably will be beneficial...I had to buy the fans but the little solar panels were found in my stock pile of stuff destined for the tip which I put aside for some unexpected future use.
You can buy little solar garden lights and take the panels out and make a suitable panel ..use say 12 which should drive a small fan...often you can get such lights for only a dollar ...even using 20 is cheaper than buying a small panel...I like the solar panel approach as it runs all by itself.
A floor is a good idea but keep it detached from your pier to minimize vibration...
Great idea ..good luck with your move and rebuild.
Alex