View Single Post
Old 25-04-2011, 02:49 PM
AstroJunk (Jonathan)
Shadow Chaser

I'd have to knock off a few of my occultation mates to clame that crown Australia is leading the way in Occultation science and with a few more observers on board, we can show the EU and US a thing or two about gathering data as well!!

I would recomend Steve Quirk's site http://my.hwy.com.au/sjquirk/ as a place to start for imaging examples.

Fixing the fella onto a scope is easy enough. The camera itself has a thread called C-Type which is standard on video cameras. It will come with a C-1.25 adaptor which will screw directly into any appropriate focusser with a 2" adaptor if needed.

So why all the different adaprors in the photo attached - well each scope has it's own issues. When you are using it with your refractor, you can place it in the same position as you would your SLR. The standard camera adaptor is a T Type, so there are plenty of C-T adaptors to give a nice solid connection.

On a reflector, the aim is to get as low a profile as possible as the camera will need to be closer to the mirror than an eyepiece which can be an issue for some telescopes hence the low profile adaptors.

Steve Massey or Vince at Astroshop will make sure you get the right bits and of course, you can call me anytime.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_7984.JPG)
115.0 KB41 views