View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Alchemy (Clive)
Quietly watching

Quote:
i have finished the Quick help guide for CCD Capture program from Astrosoft and i have posted it on my "Download" page.
thanks theo....got it!
Quote:

I've used my new QHY8 with a couple of bits of software. For imaging the easiest to use is Nebulosity from Stark Labs.
It also has some basic, but very nice image processing features built in - calibration,, stacking, DDP etc, all for $45US. HIGHLY recommended.

Maxim is over rated, (its debayering sucks big time) if you want to go to something sophisticated, I believe ImagesPlus is very nice and very popular with one shot color uses.

DeepSkyStacker is free, but seems to consistently overcorrect flat fields, so I no longer use it (my experience is the same as a number of other QHY8 users I know).
thanks for the advice Garymck , so many choices, i might see if i can get a trial copy of nebulosity and have a play (actually astrodood gave it a good rap too ....probably just buy for 50 bucks its likely to be ood value.), still havent had a shot under clear skies yet, need some spacers(on order) and a data booster cable (picking up tommorrow)
im suprised deepskystackers a dud, mind you ive only ever used tiffs not raws in it, still if thats your experience one cant argue.