View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 05:47 PM
RobF (Rob)
Mostly harmless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigandi View Post
Hi guys.. Good thread. I've got a SBIG CCD. My dark library was shot a couple months ago using CCDSoft. I have recently moved completely to be Mac based. I'm now shooting the lights with Equinox Image and do the processing in Nebulosity. I usually shoot 10 or 15 minutes lights. The processed images look fairly clean. However there was at least one comment in the thread above about using different software. Will the darks be measurably different if shot with different software?

Thanks... Rob
Just to clarify my comment on software Rob, I don't have much experience capturing data with different packages, but I do note differences in noise levels in cal frames and final calibrated images between different packages, most likely due to differences in integration algorithms and their implementation (e.g. median/average/sigma clipping/windsorized etc). Doesn't matter much once you settle on what works for you

You would expect drivers to be affecting data coming off the camera more than software. Certainly for the QHY9 there have been notable differences when people have changed driver version at times.