View Single Post
Old 29-01-2010, 02:30 PM
rogerg (Roger)

Unhappy Frustrations finding the right camera backpack!

Argh!

I have done so many hours of researching and spent several hours in shops trying to find the right camera backpack. One that is dual purpose for hiking (has padded space for camera gear and space for food, jacket, map, tripod, water, etc).

Why can't they just make the perfect one! I mean, I know that's impossible , but really, why can't they ?!

Right now it's come down to:
LowePro Primus AW
Vanguard Up-Rise 45

Both are side-loading (which is great)
Both can have tripod, camera gear and other gear

Vanguard is small on "other gear" space, especially as it does not have any water bottle storage and limited jacket storage. Having no space to put a water bottle or hydration pack, or sling a jacket seems such obvious exclusions.

Primus AW is small on camera space, or more to the point, the camera space is awkwardly shaped such that there is much wasted space in it, limiting me to 2, maybe 3 lenses in there. BUT the Primus AW has jacket spot, water spot, ample space in non-camera compartment, more comfortable harness.

Hmmmm.

I just had to vent. I doubt there's anyone that can help me with my decision, but if there is, feel free to speak up.

I'm going to Japan soon so really hoping to find one urgently.

I love my Deuter Aircomfort pack but it just doesn't work well with camera gear (camera + lenses, no padding)

Roger.