Thread: Wind power
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 12:04 PM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

G'day Mike and Terry. You'd reckon that after 2 failed experiments, I would have learnt the obvious lesson. Seems I didn't. There was something about that damned empty pole sitting there with all the fancy guy wires, anchor points and the like that just got to me. I just had to go again. I do know more about them now. And I can readily identify a few things I did wrong with those first attempts. Simple things! Like not properly balancing the blades. And now that I have them on a bench, I can see that there are very considerable differences between the 5 blades. That has got to cause some imbalances and noise too. So I'm goosing about with that ATM.

I know, deep in my gut, that these small turbines are a waste of money and effort. I just have to keep going because I'm too far in now to pull out.

Mike, thanks for the offer of those cast-off bits. Put them aside and I'll pick them up from you. It'll be a good excuse for a bit of a drive. Care to PM me some address details.

And terry - it took me quite a while to figure out your avatar. When you see it, of course its bleedin' obvious, but - well, lets just say it took me a while

Peter