View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 08:28 PM
Ittaku (Con)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulloch View Post
Yep, I've never used the green offset on my ASI224MC, even though I'm probably the reason why it's there. When I was trying to achieve "correct" colour balance (whatever that is ), I found that I couldn't get the Wblue value high enough, so ended up setting Wblue to 99 and adding a 1.1 multiplier in Registax to the blue channel. I believe that the Wgreen value in FC 2.7b modifies the green channel so that the blue level could be higher by comparison.

Since I don't have a QHY camera, I don't know how FC balances the colours using the W values - I had seen in another post on CN there the "default" values for the QHY cameras was 64,64,64 which I assumed was the halfway point for 0-127. I reckon the ratios from above are correct (or at least close), but I don't know what actual values you need - might be a case of trial and error?
It's okay, based on the manual I should be running blue at 255 and scale everything down from there... if and when the skies clear up and this stupid SDK bug is fixed. I see no sign of hidden clipping occurring with green when experimenting at home with daylight objects which is reassuring!