View Single Post
Old 22-02-2021, 08:58 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Windows 10 updates causes issues

My Astro laptop never connects to the internet unless I have to load new software or upgrade software and has been running beautifully for 2 years ( never connected to the internet.
Last week I loaded a new version of Startools V1.7 direct from the internet (silly move ) should have downloaded on my desktop , copied to USB and installed via USB
Did some imaging on the weekend and as soon as I started PHD2 guiding or sending dithers via APT, the mount would stop tracking and return to home
Damn annoying
You could here the laptops fans screaming trying to do an update , as Microsoft Edge would flash up on the screen for a split second
I thought yeh bloody Windows 10 updates have come in whilst I was connected to the internet downloading Startools v1.7 last week
Tried twice same thing happened , mount stopped and returned to home and on the third attempted ( each time I did a full restart and run up ) it remained stable and I imaged for hours
I will now disable Windows 10 updates on my laptop and load any new software and updates via a USB

Any one else had trouble with Windows 10 updates and imaging ??

PS: I use EQMOD and Ascom Stellarium to navigate and Goto , they were probably affected as well

Cheers