View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 02:45 PM
rowena

Hi All,

This is my THIRD eclipse!!! Ceduna, Cairns, and now most probably Columbia (missouri).

We have booked... 3 Aug BNE to SYD to DFW (Dallas fort worth) on the A380, then for totality looking at either Jeffersen City/Columbia Missouri region (flexible depending on clouds).

Coming back on the 31 Aug departing San fran.
Got flights with qantas going into Dallas and back out from san fran to Brissy for $999. The cool part was they had this deal on before xmas, and i could choose any city (LAX, SFO or DFW) going into USA and then any city of those 3 going out of USA for no extra add on price.

Will be 4 of us travelling, so 2 kids (4 and 7!) and my other half.

I will be taking my trusty Canon 7D and 100-400mm lens. I have a thousand oaks solar filter (which i love), so that is what i will be shooting the eclipse with. Will also get the eclipse glasses for the kids. I am also looking at getting another camera, either a 5D or 1D. Not sure which way i will go, but i do know looking on my 27Inch imac at home my pics i can see all the dead pixels in anything night related photography! also will take my other halfs macbook pro. But normally something like this, i will copy my photos to pc, but not delete from CF card, and buy several large CF cards. e.g 128G. Last trip to usa i shot over 7000 photos in a month, i reckon i could do more this time.

Unsure if to go with car hire or camper van(rv).