View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 08:42 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Hi Karl,
Apologies for not responding earlier, I have been assembling and wiring my new Sky-Watcher 12” GoTo Dob in the garage all day
Ken assisted me with my EQMOD questions a few months ago and was a great help. I have connected my mount direct to laptop ( EQ Direct ) which is the preferred method by the EQMOD project developers. Although a lot of guys connect EQMOD via their SynScan handcontrollers ( PC Direct )with out any issues. I tried the PC Direct method first , bought a basic serial USB adapter ( $30 ) tried and tried but could not connect , so bought a preferred keyspan USB serial adapter ($65 ) could not connect, ditched the PC Direct method and decided to use the preferred method EQ Direct.Bought a USB EQ cable from Bintel ( $70 ) and coneected straight away, it’s been working like a dream.
I use Stellarium Scope to open the EQMOD driver and provide goto functions and my planetarium is Stellarium which is fantastic. If you wish to go down my path to get EQMOD up and running via EQ Direct and use Stellarium as your planetarium I can send you some information
Martin