View Single Post
Old 19-11-2016, 10:06 AM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

Thanks everyone for your advice!

I had another crack at fixing up the walls yesterday. I adjusted it incrementally until the base of the running track are no more than 3mm out, measured from the gap in between the seams; that's about as close as I can get it, and it took a while.

The running track I had already sprayed with silicone spray as per instructions. I'm not sure how much value it's adding to be honest.

The dome is still jamming hard against the internal side of the running track. Looks like (a) the dome is elliptical and not circular and (b) the rollers on which the dome turn are not all equally spaced from the wall, some are a few mm further out than others. Said rollers have fixtures that are rusted onto the dome, since Sirius don't seem to use stainless steel, so will be very difficult to adjust.

Only thing I can think of at the moment is to try and jam something inside the dome to push it out in places and thus "square it up" a bit more.

This wouldn't be a problem if I was planning on using it manually, because I can shift the dome as needed to make it move around, but I want to automate this; not sure I'm going to be able to do it at this point.