Old 14-06-2018, 10:20 AM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyh1555 View Post
I ain't powering up Mt Stromlo!
Yet!

Why set your ambitions any lower ?

glad you got yourself sorted and yes expensive rip offs are common, but then again it may have been better spec batteries but you can do with more modest power options. Just be careful with cabling to avoid tangling as the scope slews around. Might take you several nights use to see how the cable hang and where they catch. You also dont want them putting any tension on the mount as it slews as it'll effect tracking accuracy. My current setup is a poor 6in sct and flimsy tripod and I've put it on a tripod dolly to easy wheel out the garage. This has given me the chance to attach a milk crate to the dolly perfect to hold battery and provide weighted stability to the rig. so everything is set up ready to wheel out and wheel back in,no lugging parts in the dark and back inside I just plug in chargers as needed then next session i just unplug and wheel, its all charged and self contained . simple but i still want that mt stromlo setup, theres a nice nature strip in the middle of my complex i could probably fit it