View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 PM
janine

Well hellooooo everyone!

Im a newbie too, just joined this forum through a couple of awesome people who I have met through my other forum The WA Weathergroup (WAWG). I am just starting to get into Astronomy - only after god knows how many years of wanting to - you know how it is. Finally I am getting my behind into gear and taking the steps to follow my passion.

I say passion because it is, and without boring you with a full on biography of me, I basically am a 31 yr old woman from the UK (yorkshire, good job you can't hear my accent or you would be lost at hello) and I have lived here in WA for 8 years. I was a sports and beauty therapist back home and the first few years here, went through some life changing times, as you do, decided that it is about time that I started doing things that I have wanted to do for years. I am quite outgoing, like to have a laugh and a joke, very sensitive, passionate, enthusiastic, caring............... you could define me as a, umm, intrextrovert! New word!! it means me!

Im now at Uni, full time student, studying Environmental Science, Sustainability and Physics (physics yet to commence). I have a huge interest in Earth science and my knowledge isn't that bad, I have a general knowledge of the Universe, our solar system etc but a total novice at Astronomy, my math sucks and this needs addressing big style other wise I'm screwed :/. I am in the process of joining ASWA where I will be off to the meetings and doing the beginner classes in Astronomy to help me out.

If any of you guys are near to me, feel free to drop me a email, hey, if any of you guys aren't near to me drop me an email or a line lol, I wanna meet as many like minded people as humanly (or non human ;p ) as possible.

So, thats my little intro done, I'll spend sometime working out how the forum works and look forward to meeting you guys and learning

Janine