View Single Post
Old 27-01-2020, 01:55 AM
simon_rl (Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Lewis.

My impression is you are leaving astrophotography.

I hope you are just selling stuff to get better gear but this thread suggests otherwise.
My experience was I gave up over a decade ago because the dew became unmanagable..hard to imagine these days..but I could not control it at all..yes such a small thing...anyways I bought a boat which satisfied a long need to own a classic sail boat but when I returned to astrophotography I had to start again as a burnt out old man and although the challenge was wonderful I can't help but hink that there was no reason to give up...so all I am trying to suggest is keep in the game..even wide fields on a static tripod...use of he softeware for something and I hope think about your next rig if there is to be one.
You seem to have a gift for imaging which I hope you don't turn your back on. Also you are very helpful and someone that new comers respect.
Alex
I totally agree with Alex. My new line of work (rail/shift work) while I love it gets in the way of my beloved hobby an awful lot. But the prospect of imaging helps keep me sane when some drunk has thrown up on my train and I am calling for a cleaner. I have decided to stick with OSC until I retire to keep things simple, so I can stay in the game (and keep my sanity). I guess what I am trying to say is don't do something you may regret. For me, I cannot imaging my life without astrophotography. I cannot imagine how satisfying surgery would be but we all need diversions from what we do day to day.

Last edited by RB; 27-01-2020 at 07:18 AM. Reason: TOS - profanity filter bypass deleted