View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 08:14 PM
alpal

Quote:
Originally Posted by foc View Post
I tend to agree with Martin, as the same argument could be made for solar system imaging threads and at the moment, there is probably not enough traffic to support a third thread there. But I also feel the force of the argument of not putting off new people since we need them. And it is a bit subjective, like other imagers I have not felt that my casual images are any where near the advanced level but they may be above the level of beginners (there is not that much beginner traffic to compare it to though).

Perhaps we just need more topics or incentives to enthuse newer imagers to post. Like collect gold stars for having an entry in each 'constellation of the month' or for solar system quest to have an image of each planet over 2020, or post your images made using the cheapest possible equipment or from unguided manual mounts etc. And in this age of busy time-poor people, it would be nice if people could just click to add 'likes' to others posts though that wish might be hard to implement for this website.

I think it's OK as is.
People with DSLRs can post in the beginners section and those
with monos can post in Deep Space but it's not a hard and fast rule.
Let's be serious about it and say the truth -
no one here can compete with CHART32.
http://www.chart32.de/index.php/recent

cheers
Allan