View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 07:32 PM
dpastern (Dave Pastern)
PI cult member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Don't worry about the focusor. If you buy an expensive scope such as OS scope from Italy, you need to buy a good focusor. The US suppliers don't even supply a focusor anymore. So you get one that is a bonus. Not a good one but a bonus.

Last time I had contact with Jim he had no plans to make a flattener and that was about 5 months ago. Both Michael from Bintel and I have been onto him for years. He never once promised there would be a flattener, he said he would consider it but just feels that he is not equipped to make flatteners. Believe me I wish he did have his own flatteners.

The optics are very good and I would even go as fair to suggest they produce results very similar to the top of the line scopes. Take a look through my gallery and one or two others out on the net that are using these scopes. Don't get me wrong you will need to tinker a bit to fine tune a system, but you need to do that with any system. With the more expensive systems you pay for the bells and whistles that these scopes don't have yet.
Thanks Paul - I'll check out your gallery. I haven't really used my current setup in a few years (long story), so my questions were more out of curiosity and desire, than actual requirement. it's good to hear that the optics are very good. I've long felt that the top of the range gear (telescopes, camera, hi fi) are way overpriced due to greed and market collusion.

I have a 17 month old niece now, will be getting the scope out more when she's 4-5 and can enjoy it. That said, her mum & dad wouldn't give 2 hoots about the sky lol, so it may be difficult to influence her lol!

Cheers,

Dave