View Single Post
Old 25-09-2007, 09:28 PM
jjjnettie (Jeanette)

I spent yesterday with a broom and a big bucket of soapy water and scrubbed and scrubbed the dome. The grey outer crusty layer came off eventually.
I repeated the process again this morning trying to get the mould out of the dimples in the fibreglass.
Then darling husband got out the high pressure water gun for me to use, wow, I wish I'd used it from the start. ( I'd forgot that we had one)
But it positively gleams now. So very very white.
Spent a couple of hours glueing down the fibreglass that is peeling off the domes roof. In the long run, it will have to be removed though redone properly. But for now it will do.
I went over the inside with a cobweb broom, and once I scrub down the insides, I'll go over the interior with surface spray. The dome is home to quite a few Red Backs as well as other species of spiders, and I don't want them finding their way to our house. ( The truckie who moved the dome for me was an arachnophobic and I had to save him a couple of times from nasty spiders who were looking at him the wrong way)
Also fixed the broken hinge on the front opening of the dome.
I'm in the process of organising replacement rollers, the ones that lie flat, and have oiled the upright rollers and got them working again.
Phew, no wonder I'm feeling a bit weary tonight.