Thread: SMC and 47 Tuc
View Single Post
Old 29-09-2019, 03:45 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawomir View Post
Wow, that's what I call a proper FOV

I don't recall ever seeing both globulars and the entire SMC in one image. Great colours and pinpoint stars - another winner from Mike
Cheers Sous-vide There are quite a few shots out there showing both globs, just google Small Magellanic Cloud . Had I had the 645 reducer it would have fitted 100% of the SMC in, both globs and a little space around....this was close though

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
A marvellous image. Very striking and great Ha blending.

Greg.
Thanks Greg, there is OIII in there too, you can see the turquoise-blue in places but as is often the case the OIII is in the same spot as the Ha so the blend of the two in those areas tends to just result in a lighter pink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
wow what a field of view!!
Thanks Dave, nice to be able to squeeze this baby in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
The NB RGB worked brilliantly. All our favourite emission nebulae in the LMC stand out. A rich and beautiful image.
Thanks M&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenc View Post
An amazing image
Thanks Glen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJones View Post
Beautiful image Michael
Thanks Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Love it!
You've nailed the composition & colours beautifully - another crackerjack image Mike.
Glad you think so Andy...actually, when I am composing images I do usually think of you, I have always tried to consider composition but like the presence of decon worms and spots is mine composition has definitely become your trademark feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozstronomer View Post
Great image Mike, really like the Ha blending

Well done
Thanks Geoff, there's OIII in there too

Mike