View Single Post
Old 20-05-2015, 09:45 AM
gregbradley

I use both cameras and I understand the strengths and weaknesses of each.

Nothing beats the widefield power of the 16803 sensor and its over 100,000 electron well depth. It can take a wide dynamic range and stars never bloat or go weird on you. Its quite sensitive and fairly low noise.

The 694 is very sensitive and definitely takes less time to get there. Low noise means its picks up faint details. Small wells can be a pain and overexposure on brighter stars is something to keep in mind when using it.

The 11002 being Interline does not suffer from RBI (residual bulk image - ghost images). The 16803 does but not badly. Although I would keep it in mind. I would not take a focus image of a super bright star then slew to my imaging object and image away. You may end up with a bright star residue in your ensuing images that gradually fades away over 10 exposures.

The KAI11002 has good dynamic range, reasonable QE and reasonable noise.

At the end of the day its a full frame sensor so like in DSLRS full frame rocks.

The 16803 is between full frame and medium format.

The KAI16070 seems to be an updated and possibly improved 11002. It seems to have the same imaging characteristics but 50% more pixels which could mean better resolution. But its only available from a few manufacturers none of which sell an AO unit.

Greg.