View Single Post
Old 18-06-2018, 01:26 PM
that_guy (Tony)
Local Korean Millennial

Another WINDY night at the dam

After a cloudy debacle on Saturday night, I went back on sunday with absolutely pristine clouds with absolutely dry condition that I didn't even turn on my dew heaters. BUT it was windy as all heck. It would come in gales that would knock things off the table and make guiding impossible. Luckily it died down in increments, enough to at least get something done. Also, it was BLOODY cold! Around 5C at coldest. Also being alone in an open field like this is super spooky, would not recommend.

Tried something different by imaging Barnard 72 (Snake Nebula) and surrounding dark nebulas. Intentionally short exposures to try and bring out the star colours which I managed to do with some success but I feel like it's too soft(?)

20x 120sec RGB each Astrobin Link here!

Just as my laptop was reaching 30% battery, I managed to grab some data on Dumbell, something I haven't done since this time last year. Very short integration, I was hoping to get helix as well but laptop died mid capture for the dumbell. Need another battery!

10x180sec L, 120sec RGB each (6x for blue since laptop died) Astrobin Link here!

Thanks for viewing! Feedback is always appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (reduced snake.jpg)
213.1 KB68 views
Click for full-size image (reduced dumbell.jpg)
233.5 KB75 views

Last edited by that_guy; 18-06-2018 at 01:54 PM.