View Single Post
Old 23-06-2011, 07:15 PM
cybereye (Mario)
Mozzies love me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manav View Post
Congrats Mario! I'm happy for you now lets hope we get some clear skies for a few months. BTW this also reminds me to test my new QHY9 which is still sitting in its original packaging gathering dust!

Logan - Did you use Brendan's guide with MaximDL?
Manav,

Best get the QHY9 out and running!! Before you know it it'll be summer again and cloud everywhere!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Those are good starting values. Keep your gain at 1 then adjust your offset to get approx 500 to 1000ADU in your skycount (sky background). Mine is set at offsey 68. Most people I know are around 100. Depends on your camera. Once you've found the sweet spot leave it there.
Marc,

Using Ezcap, I re-did my gain/offset calculation using the guide from Brendan's website. I ended up with values of 13 for gain and 110 for offset which seemed to match closely, but not exactly, with the values derived for the QHY9 in the guide.

I think I understand the science behind the values but now I just want to get out and take pictures! I was going to do it tonight but it clouded over so decided not to. And as is the norm the clouds then dissipated. Tomorrow night however is definitely penciled into my diary!!

Cheers,
Mario