View Single Post
Old 23-09-2018, 10:01 AM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marke View Post
Well I'm glad it was good for you guys because it was awful here ��
Mark, I've been in your boat too. A mate of mine living in Killata calls me saying seeing is a corker, I pull a scope out andx seeing is abysmal where I am in Maroubra

Been like this much of this year. Good seeing being very localized. This year moire so than in other years. Very warm winter days and then very cool evenings is one source of our grief, and couple it with local geography, and it plays havoc with seeing. I'm overjoyed to have jagged a couple of nights of good seeing. No idea when the next one will happen.

Only thing things to do is keep an eye on weather patterns and look for markers that show clear skies and good seeing, and to keep trying with the scope.

Oh, don't forget, the bigger the aperture the more susceptible it is to poor seeing. There's a lit to be said to keeping two scopes, one large and one small - conditions are not flash, the small scope is King. Conditions good, the big scope claims the night. I have a modest ED80 for this when the Big Cat cannot venture out for a kill.

Alex.