Thread: 47 TUC Issues
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2019, 06:45 AM
peeb61 (Paul)
Always looking up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInSp_ce View Post
That looks much better Paul even colour and with a nice flat background that hasn't been clipped too hard. In my experience, using multiple exposure lengths in DSS is a recipe for disaster. This is because each set of exposures needs to have accompanying calibration files with the same ISO/Gain values. Best to stack your exposure sets individually and then combine them later. There are programs that can handle 'mixed bag' data sets but unfortunately DSS isn't one of them.
Thanks LostInSpa_ce, its a lot better than the first one published so I have taken a couple of steps forward thanks to Martin, I will do what you say stack individually and see what this yields...many thanks for your input most appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
Looks like you have lost the colour. The stars in Tuc should be blue or yellow white. I am not sure if LP filters add a little violet which might be part of the problem and you need to balance that out. Perhaps others know more than I.

I also find that sometimes background colour balancing is required in DSS to help get the colour sorted out if you are stretching in DSS before exporting to PS.

Also if you are stacking, run a registration with all subs ,choose the one with the most stars and right click to make it the reference file rather than letting DSS pick one, and check all your subs one by one zoomed in to make sure there are no very bad ones.
Thanks Ray, whenever some sort of DSF is involved there is always going to be collateral damage of some sort probably in this case the lost frequency, filters as we know don't take away LP but they may help, I will however remove the filter on the next run and see how it pans out, at the moment its a bit of trial and error...street lights v dark skies.

I never do any sort of processing in DSS, I just grab the 32bit and export into Photoshop.
Also thanks for the tips in DSS.