View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 04:24 PM
UniPol
I Prefer Refractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilso View Post
You guys are using some really nice gear there!!

My latest set up on the Pm-1 mount is the intes mk-65 thanks to Col and Lewis. Has limited range in planet fork mode when polar aligned, the mount is suited to planets, solar and moon. The scope is actually lighter than my fsq85ed, go figure.
Nice set up Darren, the PM-1 mounts are very versatile, it's a pity Tak have just discontinued production. In fact my PM-1 is supposedly the last one Tak made not that it is of any consequence but I'm glad I've got one. The planet fork system is great for planetary and solar viewing and is capable of seeing around 30 degrees either side of the ecliptic, you just have to be careful not to run the OTA into the mount particularly long tubed ones like my FOA-60Q shown. The advantage of the planet fork system is that no counterweights are required; in effect the OTA acts as the counterweight.

The PM-1 has a number of modes such as the the two shown in the pics and it can also be placed in Alt/Az mode and a number of cameras fitted to the RA head.

The tripod is Tak's latest offering for small mounts such as the P2-Z, PM-1 and EM-11 with appropriate adaptors. It has proven to be quite light and rigid so is an excellent tripod for going away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (PM-1 - 1a.jpg)
203.7 KB113 views
Click for full-size image (PM-1 - 2a.jpg)
187.3 KB83 views
Click for full-size image (PM-1 - 3a.jpg)
181.6 KB93 views
Click for full-size image (PM-1 - 5a.jpg)
190.3 KB99 views
Click for full-size image (PM-1 - 6a.jpg)
157.0 KB101 views
Click for full-size image (PM-1 - 4a.jpg)
202.6 KB88 views

Last edited by UniPol; 04-09-2019 at 06:45 PM.