View Single Post
Old 16-08-2014, 07:21 PM
batema (Mark)

STXl11002 with my TEC 140

Hi,

I am looking at buying a STXL-11002 w/ Self-Guiding Filter Wheel Pro Package to go with my TEC 140. I have asked the scope to come with the feather touch 3534 focuser. I will have the TEC field flattener as well so my question is about will this combination work. I believe that the distance from the flattener to the chip has to be 85mm and the STXL and the FWG filter wheel takes up 61.84mm from the front of the filter wheel to the CCD focal plane. Does this mean all I have to do (sound simple but I can image it not being) is get an connector/adapter from the flattener to the filter wheel that is 23.16mm? Also if that is correct should that mean if the distance from flattener to chip is 85mm should I be able to just wind my focuser out and achieve beautiful tight stars without anything else. We had a scope (basic one) and when we tried to get focus we ended up winding the focuser all the way out and still could not focus. I would hate for this to happen when I have bought the stuff. I am wondering if anyone has this combination and a diagram/schematic that I could look at. The focuser has a travel of about 11cm. I am excites as I found out on Friday my Astrophysics 1100gto left Sydney for me.

Thank you

Mark