View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:33 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobF View Post
Top shot Greg. VERY nicely done. Really appreciate the detail you've put into describing the gear used too thanks. It's certainly done the job nicely here. Do you think you'll be off into mosaics next?
Thanks Rob. Its first light for that setup with that lens so its always a discovery about what works and what doesn't.

I planned to do a mosaic with this one but it was too low in the sky by the time I finished with this one. I do plan to do
mosaics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross G View Post
Hi Greg,

That is an impressive shot of the Milky Way.

So much deatil and I love the colours.

I really like your widefield setup. Clever how the guidecamera balances out the imaging camera.

Thanks.

Ross.
The little efinder is handy. I see SBIG has a new efinder and lens for their STi guider that looks very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Lovely saturated colors and great dynamic range. I like it.
Cheers Marc. Its a bit light on exposure time but it came out well enough I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atalas View Post
Greg,love the field but It looks like some bad shadows clipped and color balance off to much mate....sorry,feel like the ogre.
It could do with some extra exposure regarding the dark areas. As far as colour balance I am not so sure what you are referring to there. These lenses do give chromatic aberration so I did have to correct for too much magenta in the stars etc. I think I need an additional filter for the lens. You get spoilt by our ED glass telescopes and lenses tend to be cheaper glasses unless you get ED ones which are telescope prices. So its a bit of a compromise there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Davis View Post
Lovely!

Tom
Thanks Tom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec35 View Post
That's a nice shot Greg. I think that setup is a definite keeper.

Cheers

Steve
Thanks Steve. I was happy with it. This is its first light and the fact it gives round stars fully open with such a large chip is very good.

Greg.