View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Ziltoid

What was this? (Possible UFO sighting)

First, some background. I live in a suburb just next to Perth International Airport. I’ve lived there my whole life and I’m very familiar with the flight plans of the airplanes (I’m not an avid watcher, I just know these things).

Ok, so on Monday (the 7th) at around 7:30 pm my dad called me outside to check out a bright orange light in the sky. The first thing I noticed was that it was in an area that I have never seen a plane fly. The second thing was that it was making no sound at all (at the distance it was, I would think it should have been making some noise).

We watched it for about 2 minutes, within this time, I saw two things drop off from it, the best way to describe them is as flares, as bright and orange as the object, but much smaller, that drifted down and then disappeared. It seemed to change direction slightly, before the light seemed to split in two and then completely disappear.

Now there were many strange things about this, the first was the lack of sound, as well as when the "flares" dropped, they seemed to carry no momentum, they dropped straight down as if disobeying the laws of physics (like the bombs from that movie Pearl Harbor when they get dropped from the plane). At first I thought that it was maybe space junk. Now I don’t know too much about space junk, but for starters, it didn’t have a tail, it seemed to be gaining altitude and even speeding up and changing direction.

My dad did the sensible thing and called the police (before it disappeared) to say that possible an aircraft was on fire and dropping debris. After 3 hours, we received a call from search and rescue in Canberra saying that no aircraft was missing and there was nothing strange on their radar.

I would appreciate some logical explanations (I’m open to the idea of it been something else, but at the same time very skeptical) or if there was any activity in the sky that night.