View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 08:53 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
I just took the plunge and ordered a 2600 this morning. With any luck I will have it in early July. Thankfully my imaging PC and processing PC will be up to the task with the bigger files. The imaging one was overkill to start with as I wanted snappy plate solving, and the processing box is brand new and the most grunty PC I have ever had by a big margin.

Give it a year and I will probably stick a filter wheel in front of it so that I can add a HA filter to the train. My only issue there is that apparently the 2600 has an IR cut window on the sensor chamber which makes the one I have in my image train now redundant. I might need a plain glass filter the same thickness as any NB filter I put in to keep it all parfocal.

With any luck in a year or two they will have a good CMOS mono APS-C camera on the market. I decided to go with APS-C not stretch the budget for full frame as first, full frame is horribly expensive, and second I got to learn from someone else's recent experience of dialling in a larger format sensor where microns of tilt measured in single digits are causing him grief even now.
Good call Paul.

The best images I have seen from the more expensive ZWO cameras are mostly the 2600. Its just a matter of enough exposure.

I am not 100% convinced the 6200 is as good as some people claim. What I am seeing is rather poor star colour and star profiles on many images and in general a lack of images despite it being out for some time. File sizes are huge at 122mb for a 1x1 image. I am thinking my FLI ML16200 is probably the better camera than the ASI6200.

On the other hand star colours from images from the ASI2600 have been very good. I also saw some excellent narrowband images from the 2600 too which was surprising.

I might be more interested in a 2600 myself later as a one shot colour could be refreshing after a decade and a half of mono imaging.

Greg.