View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 09:44 PM
Startrek (Martin)

New ZWOASI2600MC Camera

I’m nearly ready to take the plunge into a cooled CMOS OSC Camera after imaging with a Canon 600D for nearly 4 years ( the old 600D is still a great camera and has produced some great images if I say so myself )
The reviews on the ZWOASI2600MC have been somewhat limited but very encouraging since late last year.
I’m certainly looking forward to imaging in the warmer months ( September to April ) with a cooled camera where the DSLR cops a hammering with high temperatures and thermal noise which definitely limits you choice of objects in regards to exposure lengths and SNR

As I’ll be using the new cooled camera in Sydney ( Bortle 8 ) as well as at my weekender ( Bortle 3 ) I’m considering buying a Dual band filter for Sydney Bortle 8 LP , something like a 2” ZWO Duo band filter for Ha and OIII which are suitable for OSC entry level narrowband

If anyone has any further advice on cooled OSC Cameras or have read any reviews on the ZWOASI2600MC camera I welcome their comments before I make a final decision in a week or so

Thanks in advance