View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 11:11 AM
AstralTraveller (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william123 View Post
Trump is a lying, immoral, dishonest (and probably criminal) moron. Anyone with half a brain can see that. The only reason he is president is because 46% of the American people are complete and utter morons themselves who get all of their information from Fox News. And I say that as an American who has observed his fellow citizens for more than 50 years.

The USA is the laughingstock of the world. We don't do anything right. We have the most expensive education and health care in the world, our government runs a permanent (and huge) budget deficit (i.e., we refuse to tax ourselves to pay for what we buy), the cost of living is outrageous and getting worse, our population is exploding unchecked, and our style of capitalism works only for the rich. Oh, and our federal government barely functions, lurching from crisis to crisis, while all of our serious problems rarely get addressed and never get solved.

And just wait until Trump nukes North Korea.
Thanks for taking the time to comment; you are obviously not highly talkative. It's reassuring to know that not all Americans have fallen in behind Trump. In fact I take great comfort from all the anti-Trump protests I see. However I can not agree that he is a moron - lying, immoral, dishonest and criminal I have no problem with but no one gets to that sort of position, especially while going against the political status quo, by being a moron. As Alex has said, while everyone is watching his antics he is quietly getting on with his agenda. I notice that his administration is functional enough to get tax cuts for the rich through parliament.

We see the same mistake here too. Every time some polly does something against the best interests of the great majority people reckon he (it's normally a 'he') is an idiot/moron/fool/out-of-touch. Isn't it possible that their agenda is against the best interests of the great majority and they are efficiently following their agenda? That makes more sense to me.

Regarding the budget deficit, how does the size of the deficit compare to the military budget? The money for all that hardware and all those people in uniform has to come from somewhere.

I think the chance of Trump nuking Nth Korea is about as likely as him building a wall. It's all good theatre that keeps the chattering classes occupied.