View Single Post
Old 13-02-2018, 08:36 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
So I recently bought a new mobile phone after my old samsung galaxy s2 died. It has a bigger screen, better camera, more storage, it's faster, all good until I start getting annoying information pull requests.

By information pull requests, I mean I go to a corner shop to get a burger, and I'm asked to rate the experience. I go for a walk to the park, and because I'm near a bus stop, I'm asked if they have seats available there and how many.

Now I have nothing against companies using their customers to get information, however, I do hate how the default settings on the phone is to send notifications to you.

My phone is nothing more than a TOOL, that I use, to communicate when I choose, to look up information when I choose, to entertain myself when I choose.

My mobile phone is NOT a tool for companies to use to pull information from me!

I have had to disable dozens of notifications settings across multiple android apps to stop these annoying information pull requests!

/rant

So, is your phone a tool you use, or are the companies making a tool out of you?
This is just the tip of the iceberg. You'd be horrified at the amount of data reported to base by most modern mobile devices these days. That's where the big bucks come from. Not the sale of devices but what data they return.