View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Dooghan (Dooghan)

I thought it's about time I said G'Day to you all. I've been a member of the forum for a month or so now. I've been interested in anything to do with space since I was a kid. Got my dad to buy me a store telescope which was ..........I think you know the answer to that. Anyway 20 odd years have past and my interest has been renewed by a podcast. Did a search on Google and came up with this excellent site. I did have some questions but they have been all answered in other threads. Still got the store telescope which good enough for the moment. Add to that a set of binoculars (8x21) which my wife got for free when she bought something. Real cheap and nasty but going to be replaced next week (in the mail as we speak) with a set of 12x60 from AOE. Got my red light, large planisphere from Bintel and a copy of Heavens Above. The best $18.50 I've spent on a book and I recommend it for any beginner. I try to get out there as much as I can and seen some amazing things. I like to get out with the telescope, binoculars and the book some nights and pick 2 or 3 constellations. I just site sit there for hour after hour looking at anything that those constellations has to offer. Then other nights I just like to get the planisphere out and learn the constellation. I've seen the ISS a number of times now, also HST. I was looking at Eta Carinae one night with the binoculars when a meteor cross my view. I followed it as it broke up into a half a dozen pieces. It just blow me away. I'm starting to ramble on now. I'll leave it there for now.

Dooghan

Last edited by Dooghan; 03-08-2007 at 08:43 PM.