View Single Post
Old 29-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Gargoyle_Steve (Steve)
Space Explorer

" IT " has arrived !!!!!
It has been just over 24 hours since it was despatched .. mighty good service both from Andrew's and the courier people!

Thanks janokiss for the good word on noodles, I'm going to need that!

cjmarsh gotcha on the mozzie repellant ... as a long time, avid bush traveller and camper I know only too well how annoying those things can be, and as we will want neither a fire nor dry cow dung patties to throw on it while astr-observing (nor fresh wet creek mud smeared all over our exposed skin, and lenses) I guess regular commercially-available repellant will be the best option. Do they have one that smells of manly leather yet? :-)

Paul I'm only going to take half your advice, already had a list of table, towels, chairs, red torch, etc planned, perhaps my laptop with Cartes du Ciel loaded. Negatory on the sandals, when in nerd mode I'll be wearing my favourite comfy warm uggies (I'll wear the black formal ones on special night events!) and sadly I don't wear glasses ... yet.

Ok ... now I just have to make room in the lounge to unpack it, bribe the dogs with snacks to NOT lick any optical parts, assemble the base, check collimation, etc.

(oh yes, we do the Happy Dance)