View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 06:06 PM
12InchTim (Timothy)

Hey Swagman,

Have you used your camera yet? I'm looking at getting the same camera as my first dedicated astro setup!

Cheers,

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagman105 View Post
Thanks all for your input.
I have already made a leap of faith and purchased an ZWO533MC one shot colour cooled camera. Mainly as I felt, one shot colour would be a simpler progression than mono. Was happy to see that it's pixel size 3.76 fell close to the sweet spot recommended for my SV which will be my imaging telescope of choice.
I do envisage obtaining a longer focal length telescope like a C8 down the track for smaller DSO and planetary imaging, but that will be a way off now with the treasurer well and truly applying the financial brakes.
Gary, I also love my CEM70 although our relationship did get off to a bad start with polar alignment problems with the iPolar. Only got it back from iOptron with a repaired circuit board last month but have lost the best of the imaging conditions. I am not masochist enjoying freezing winter nights at my age, so my imaging learning curve will largely have to wait until warmer conditions.
Thanks again