View Single Post
Old 18-01-2018, 07:30 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mekon View Post
I will be checking these tonight. My observing log shows that I resolved both I9 and HJ3997 some 25 years ago. Time for another look!
Last night was the reward for setting up each night for the past week. For 4 nights running I have been foiled - it rained on the scope on one night after setting up in clear skies, but last night was the jackpot.
Never seen Sirius companion so well and at only 185X, easy six stars in the trapezium, a -8 fireball from south to east around 2145, Looking forward to repeat performance tonight.
Last night was good indeed ..I actually had a figure 8 to near split on Beta Muscae with a 6 inch doublet 3.5 Delos and 2.5x GSO Barlow...Sep just over 0.8"; briefly though... thats 536x ..though this barlow is really about 2.3x ...so about 493x really.

Will look again soon to confirm position angle..
With a new scope 130mm TS Photoline , Ive just ordered from Teleskop Service in Germany.

HJ3997 (new to me) , and Upsilon Carinae, Theta Indi, as well as others...So wasn't a bad night for once.
Looking for sucker holes can be too much at times.

PS:Good effort with Sirius so easy..people have tried numerous times and failed...though that CFF would be a GEM for that task.

bigjoe.

Last edited by bigjoe; 18-01-2018 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Adding info